Healthy bacteria, manufactured to GMP standards of the Swedish Medical Agency. The patented low pressure technique (where less than 10% of the conventional compression force is used) ensures that the cultures remain viable during the production and working ingredients arrive intact where they should work. Probion tablets dissolve slowly and thus spread the bacteria over a large area. This separates Probion tablets from capsules and powders, where the bacteria are unprotected and easily damaged. Probion Daily 150 probiotics prebiotics tablets are produced by Wasa Medicals, a Swedish company working on research and development in the field of probiotics and prebiotics. ProBion® tablets contain probiotics, viable lactic acid bacteria and also prebiotics, nutrition for the healthy bacteria. 6 billions CFU per tablet / 18 billions per gram, with strain content:
- Viable lactic acid cultures: minimum 500 million bacteria/gram of Lactobacillus plantarum LP115, Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM, Lactobacillus paracasei LPC37, Lactobacillus bulgaricus LB87, Bifidobacterium lactis BL04.
- The cultures remain viable during the production which is not the case when using conventional compression forces.
- The cultures are protected from oxygen and humidity within the tablet, which improves the stability.
- The bacteria in the tablet are also protected from the gastric and bile acids.
- The tablet has a slow and regulated disintegration profile in the small intestine, spreading the bacteria over a large area, this increases the beneficial effects.
- The bacterial strains available to pack in the tablet are numerous since cultures that are sensitive to gastric and bile acids can be used.
- Used for: general wellbeing, in times of acute disorders and after short periods of health problems. There is a growing body of evidence showing that probiotics are helpful in gastro-intestinal issues ranging from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) to Crohn’s Disease (IBD) to antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. Probion® Daily will help you regain your health by supporting and increasing your beneficial gut flora. Always start slowly with probiotics to adjust the microbial balance in a gentle way. The shelf life of ProBion® Daily is 24 months at room temperature or in refrigerator. Keep out of heat and humidity.
- 150 tablets
Today research about the effect of probiotics on health is ongoing throughout the world. Some of the beneficial effects of probiotic supplementation that have been seen are listed below:
• Increased nutritional value
• Promotion of intestinal lactose digestion
• Positive influence on the intestinal microflora
• Prevention of intestinal tract infections
• Regulation of gut motility
• Improvement of the immune system
• Prevention of cancer
• Reduction of catabolic products eliminated by kidney and liver
• Prevention of atherosclerosis by the reduction of serum cholesterol
• Prevention of osteoporosis
• Improved well being
Excellent Probiotic. Taken for general health and wellbeing. I also have a gluten intolerance, but taking these have meant that I have been able to indulge myself when I want to without the usual after affects.